First, let’s get the legal stuff out of the way and review the contract that you agreed to when making the booking with us, in particular Section 5.0 Cancellation and Section 6.0 Force Majeure. Our cancellation policy is quite clear with defined periods of time and financial responsibilities of both parties. Thankfully our Force Majeure clause includes ‘epidemic’ as an extenuating circumstance that is out of everyone’s control and as such, relinquishes both parties from any financial and contractual obligation. So Force Majeure takes precedence over the cancellation clause. Without this the contract would be ‘frustrated’ and neither of us want to go down that route.
At the time of writing the contract we never really considered the scenario of a client wishing to postpone their wedding date once it had been finalised and as such do not have a postponement policy (we do now but that only applies to new bookings). Without a postponement clause, the Cancellation and Force Majeure clauses take precedence. HOWEVER, both Pete & I are decent blokes and are bending over backwards to postpone where possible our clients wedding dates with no additional charge to them.
Contractually the final balance is due 60 days prior to the event. If you should postpone before that date and we are available, then no additional charge will be incurred and we will postpone your booking date. If we are not available then it will either be classed as a cancellation or a force majeure and we would retain the holding deposit to cover our expenses.
Should you wish to postpone AFTER you’ve paid the final balance then assuming we are available we would simply change the booking date and the existing contract would continue. If we should not be available (and this is where us being decent blokes really comes into play) then we will refund you the final balance amount and retain the deposit to cover our expenses.